Making beeswax wraps is a simple and effective way to reduce single-use plastic in your kitchen. To make your own beeswax wraps, you will need: 100% cotton fabric, beeswax pellets, parchment paper, an iron, a paintbrush and a baking sheet.
- Preheat your oven to 100 degrees Place a sheet of baking paper over your baking tray.
- Cut your fabric into the desired size and shape. Place the fabric on the baking paper.
- Sprinkle your beeswax pellets over the fabric, ensuring that the pellets are evenly distributed.
- Place the baking tray in the preheated oven. The wax will melt after 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Using the paintbrush, spread the melted wax evenly over the fabric.
- Once the wax has cooled, place a sheet of parchment paper on top of the waxed fabric and press with a warm iron.
- Allow the fabric to cool completely.
Your beeswax wrap is now ready to use! To clean, use cold water and mild detergent. Enjoy!