If you have ever tried to get creative with getting your kids (or yourself) to eat more veggies, you know how challenging it can be. But don’t despair! There are plenty of clever ways to hide vegetables in everyday foods, so that you can sneak a few extra servings into your diet without anyone being the wiser. Here are a few of our favorite sneaky vegetable hacks:
- Baked Goods: You can easily add grated carrots, zucchini, or squash to muffins, breads, and cakes for an extra boost of nutrition.
- Smoothies: Toss in some spinach, kale, or other leafy greens for a nutrient-packed smoothie that tastes delicious.
- Pasta Dishes: Try adding some diced bell peppers or mushrooms to your favorite pasta dishes for a fun twist.
- Sandwiches: Grated beets or carrots are a great way to give sandwiches a nutritional boost.
- Soups: Pureeing cooked veggies is a great way to add extra veggies to soups without anyone noticing.
- Pizzas: Top pizzas with thinly sliced bell peppers, mushrooms, and other veggies for a delicious and nutritious meal.
These are just a few of the many ways you can sneak vegetables into everyday foods. With a bit of creativity and experimentation, you’ll be able to find plenty of ways to get your kids (or yourself) to eat more veggies without anyone being the wiser.
Zucchini Chocolate Muffins
2 eggs -
3/4 cup of olive oil -
2 cups of plain flour
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
2 cups of grated zucchini
1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Instructions: 1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees .
2. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and oil.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
6. Fold in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips.
7. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
9. Let cool for about 10 minutes, then enjoy!